October 13, 2009

Great minds think alike.....or do they?

Why is it that when I write about issues that I am passionate about no one seems to comment, but when I write about making caramel apples at least six people comment right off the bat? Are people afraid of real life issues? Do they like to stay away from touchy subjects? I agree that at times situations can be uncomfortable when opinions of others don't match up with your own, but I think we need to get over that fear of being uncomfortable. Let us talk to other people and explore their opinions and core values. We need to turn that fear into love and understanding. It is okay to not agree, but I feel it is a disservice to yourself not to explore outside of your own thought bubble.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahah - Aub, that is SO true about ppl only commenting on the things that are easy to comment about! I think there are a variety of reasons why ppl do this, but you're right, we need to stop the silliness.

    ReplyDelete