January 4, 2009
Finding Joy in the Journey
"God dumps the most manure on the flowers he loves the best." This was quoted in fast and testimony meeting today and I thought....wow, this fits life. I have come to realize that trials are a must. When I look back on all the trials that I have faced and the difference in me from before and after I am amazed. I always think- man, Heavenly Father sure knows what he is doing. I have come to the realization that when a trial comes into my life that it is Heavenly Father's way of preparing me for something. Making me grow and stretch out of my comfort zone. He is refining me in the refiners fire, making me who He knows I can be. Each time I face a trial I always look for the positive in it. Doing this has proved to make life more enjoyable and trials more bearable for me. Just like 2 Nephi 2:11 says: "For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my (daughter), righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life, neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility." So if you are facing a trial in your life, remember this...God dumps the most manure on the flowers he loves best :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment