January 1, 2009
People Watching
One of my favorite pastimes....sitting back and watching how people act with one another. Tonight was like striking gold! I went to an institute activity for New Years and wow. There had to have been literally a couple of thousand people there easily. I went there with the intentions to dance it up with my friend, but got easily distracted by my people watching abilities. Dancing in itself makes people do strange things, and I am no exception to that. So the following is not me passing judgement. I am always game for learning some sweet new interpretive dance moves. There was a group of about four guys who were flailing themselves around on the dance floor smacking people in hopes of attracting some gals. And attract gals they did. Then there was a couple trying their hand at some I guess you could say Mormon style freak dancing when a rapish song came on. I totally wish I had my video camera with me, but sadly I didn't. It would have made a great youtube dance video. There was also a guy from England (I think) dancing like he was shaking some kind of bottle in his hands and passing it through and around his body until he threw it away. I tried to learn some moves from him cause they were freaking sweet....but I am pretty sure it will take some time for me to perfect that sweetness. There were people crowd surfing and being thrown in the air, only to kick people in their heads on the way down. And then....there was my friend Jess. She is the most crazy dancer I have ever seen in my life, and believe me....I have seen a lot. She has the moves of an eighties dancer meets rock band, if you can imagine. She attracted gazes from every direction. I think that if I take these moves I was so fortunate to gaze upon tonight and mix them all into one, I will be the next DTV dance star! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment